SEO article writing – A know-how
What is SEO article writing?
SEO or Search Engine Optimisation is essential if you are interested in increasing the visibility of your website and boosting your rankings to the first 2-3 pages on search engines such as Google, Yahoo and MSN.
But what is SEO?
Have you ever for instance gone to your computer and used Google to search for something? Of course you have! And the very words you type into this search engine are keywords which websites have used to get ranked.
Take this scenario for example. You are interested to losing weight, but you struggle to cut your meal portions.
Using Google you type in one of the following words or phrases: diet, portion sizes, weight loss and appetite suppression.
From each of these keywords/phrases you are taken to a list of websites that the search engine feels are most relevant to the keyword phrase you typed in. From here you begin your search until you find the most suitable product for you.
And that is it!
Company’s pay a lot to appear on the first 2-3 pages of these results, as consumers usually will look no further than page 3, so the better the SEO copy, the higher a company can expect to appear to be in the rankings.
How does SEO article writing help?
A lot of company’s will inject their choice of keywords into an article after it has been written, and in these instances you can usually tell as the copy becomes less fluid.
However, write an article from the outset with the purpose of including specific keywords and not only will these pages read easier, but they will have a greater chance of ranking in Search Engines.
And this is where hiring a professional SEO copywriter is useful…
They can successfully integrate your choice of keywords into their articles and maintain the relevancy and tone of your company.
No loss of fluidity. No disjointed writing. But clear and purposeful writing that is specifically written to push traffic to your website and encourage conversions.
However, if you are interested in writing seo copy yourself, it is easy to do once you know how. Simply bear in mind the following:
- Don’t try to insert keywords into existing copy – this will make the article look disjointed and will disturb the flow of your article
- Write from scratch – pick a selection of keywords (not too many, 5 max.) and write it from scratch. This will make it easier to insert your keywords as you will be structuring your sentences for this very purpose
- Stay focused – do not try to put too many keywords into one article. Instead focus on a few words per article and aim to use them several times
- Learn to adapt – articles are not the only copy you can use to increase site visibility. Press releases, news stories and offsite content can all be used to boost your sites visibility
- Keep your articles relevant – your articles can’t be about anything. There needs to be some point or relevancy to your choice of words. For instance, you wouldn’t use the phrase ‘weight loss’ when discussing your accounting options
Keep the above points in mind the next time you do seo article writing, and you can feel confident that you’ll attract more traffic to your website.
Sally works as a consultant for a social media firm based in Nottingham. She loves all things digital and writes about those things that she loves.