#MakeinIndia Week Highlights: 15.20 Lakh Cr Investment, Key Deals, Initiatives & More…
First ever Make in India Week held in Mumbai between 13th Feb to 18th Feb came to a close yesterday, and to put it mildly, it was a huge success. It achieved more than what it set out to do.
We bring you all the highlights of the event:
Organization & Participation
More than 8 lakh people visited the Make In India Expo and other events, of which 49,743 were registered delegates. Delegates from 102 countries participated in the mega expo.
The Expo was conducted over 23 lakh square feet area having air-conditioned hangers in 27 halls. 215 exhibitors show cased their strengths and opportunities in 11 sectors covering aerospace & defence, automobiles, chemicals & petrochemicals, construction machinery, food processing, infrastructure, IT & electronics, industrial equipment & machinery, MSME, pharmaceuticals and textiles.
17 Indian states and 3 countries – Germany, Sweden and Poland had their pavilions in the Make In India Centre.
The expo had 150 events conducted over 7 days and more than 25,000 people participated in these Seminars and Symposia, where over 1,200 experts from Chief Ministers to industrialists to spiritual gurus gave wide ranging talks.
Key Deals Struck at #MakeinIndia Expo
Mr. Amitabh Kant, Secretary, DIPP said that business commitment of Rs 15.20 lakh crore in investment was made during the course of the week. Here are some of the key deals and collaborations that were stuck.
- Sterlite Group company TwinStar Display Technologies & MIDC for LCD manufacturing unit forged technical collaboration with Autron of Taiwan
- BAE Systems and Mahindra collaborate for assembling and testing of M777 Howitzers
- ORACLE’s to invest USD 400 investment in India to set up 9 incubation center
- Trivitron healthcare to setup manufacturing unit in Chennai
- Gujarat Government and Vestas (Denmark) partner for wind mill blades manufacturing unit at Ahmedabad
- Raymond Industries to invest Rs. 1400 crore for manufacturing linen yarn and fabric facility
- Mahindra & Mahindra to invest a total of Rs. 8000 crores in Nashik (Rs. 6500 crores) and Chakan (Rs. 1,500 crore)
- Gujarat Government and Tar Kovacs Systems (France) partner for offshore platform to develop marine applications in Gujarat
- Tar Kovacs and Government of Karnataka to setup ocean based renewable energy project
- Yes Bank and IREDA partner for financing of renewable power projects
- Ascendas to invest Rs. 4571 crore in India, with expected employment to 1.09 Lakh
- Mercedes to invest Rs. 1500 crore in India, with expected employment of 4270
- Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers to invest Rs. 6204 cr with expected employment of 140
- Godrej Industries to invest Rs. 3000 cr with expected employment of 2000
- JSW Jaigarh Port Ltd to invest Rs. 6000 crores with expected employment of 1000
- CREDAI and MCHI partner to create 5.7 Lakh affordable homes with an investment of Rs.1.1 lakh crore and 7.6 lakh jobs
- Deal between Government of Jharkhand and Vedanta Ltd
- Government of Jharkhand and Adani group to set up a thermal power plant with a total capacity of 1,600 MW to be supplied to Bangladesh Grid
- Agreement between Government of Jharkhand and Adani Group to set up a Coal based Methane fertilizer plant
- Uber and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Department (SDED) of the Maharashtra government
- Solar Industries and Government of Maharashtra to set up a Nagpur plant for manufacturing of ammunition for armed forces
New Policies & Initiatives
Many new Policies and initiatives were announced through the course of the week. Here are some of the important ones.
- Electronics Development Fund of Rs. 2,200 was unveiled to finance innovations, research and development in electronics manufacturing sector
- National Capital Goods Policy was unveiled aimed at creating an ecosystem for a globally competitive capital goods sector.
- E toll policy was unveiled which will cover 360 toll plazas on the National Highways across the country
- The Maharashtra government unveiled five new policies during the Make In India Week:
- 1. Maharashtra Retail Policy
- 2. Single Window Policy
- 3. Maharashtra Maritime Industries Policy
- 4. Electronics Policy covering FAB manufacturing
- 5. Special package for SC/ST entrepreneurs.
- Make In India Mittelstand initiative was unveiled which aimed at attracting Small & Medium Enterprises from Germany to set up manufacturing facilities in India
Design, Innovation & Startups
- DIPP and Qualcomm announce “QPrize™ – Make in India” contest for Start Ups where winner will get Rs. 2 Crore in equity investment
- Hackathon, organized by the consortium of IITs provided a platform for innovators, programmers and engineers. Two winning teams were rewarded
Over all, the Make in India Expo was undoubtedly a phenomenal hit!
The post #MakeinIndia Week Highlights: 15.20 Lakh Cr Investment, Key Deals, Initiatives & More… first appeared on Trak.in . Trak.in Mobile Apps: Android | iOS.